Friday, 9 June 2017

Flamingo

For this unit of work I decided to analyse flamingos and how they work in their different habitats. I completed this painting using both oil and acrylic paints. I decided to use a matte black background to emphasise the bright pink colours of the flamingo's feathers.


This is a small acrylic painting on canvas. It depicts two flamingos walking along a tropical beach habitat.


This is a print I completed during the development stage towards my final piece. I decided to focus on flamingos in their different forms and habitats. For example I looked at how flamingos form flocks to help defend themselves from predators. I used overlapping as a technique when printmaking, this created a flock of flamingos.

After many stages of development I created a series of postcards for my final piece. I used felt and other materials to create 3D forms which I then scanned into Photoshop, where I began editing them. Overall I am pleased with how my developmental work turned out and my final piece, I believe they capture the different forms and aspects of flamingos.