Tuesday 22 March 2016

Adam Davenport - Snake


Adam Davenport - Snake.

For my 'Shakespeare's Animals' project, I decided too choose the snake. The reason behind this choice was because of my knowledge of Shakespeare quotes that represent the snake in a vicious way. I started with research into the anatomy, environment, logos, artists that influence me and certain styles of snake designs. I went onto researching into Tattoo styled work on snakes, that went onto linking too symbolism as my main visual research. 

Whilst this research was going on, I was continuing with drawings of the snake that later on went onto being my final piece. I was drawing/experimenting in different styles that influenced me in my studies including ; Op Art, Tattoo, Symbolism, Continuous Line, Monochromatic, 3D Modelling and Pop Art. I will now show you some of the examples of my drawings, experiments and final piece.
Lino Print - Here I have one of five Lino prints
that came out the best. I chose to re-print these five
more times to sell in the end of year show. 
Photoshop Airbrush - This experiment was influenced through
my first initial drawing of the snake that I wanted to
develop further. However, this becomes a useful experiment
because the technique is used for the final piece.
Pop Art experiment - In the opening statement I mentioned
that I was drawing/experimenting in different styles. This
was a mixture of three; Pop Art, Monochromatic and Airbrush.
Final Piece - This piece was a development from my experiment
of Pop Art style, inspired by Andy Warhol. I then had a idea of the
snake biting into a can of drink, this drink was later called
'Snakebite'. 
My Dog Sighs - #FreeArtFriday. This was the experiment that I
chose to do during our workshop with My Dog Sighs.














No comments:

Post a Comment