Thursday 18 May 2017

Black Bear - Ben Stroud



For my Research Methodology project I looked at Black Bears as I thought they would be an interesting animal to research and study and I knew I had some good starting points for my research.  As my research went on the theme I liked the most was the relationship the bears have with the Native Americans and the respect the Native Americans have for these animals and how they portray it in their art.


The Native American art always featured block, bold colours that made up the bear as well as fill it and I took this stye and created my own pieces with the side profile of a Black Bear.  I experimented with the colouring of my bear as the Native American pieces feature patterned colouring and I wanted to include that.  Then for my final piece I used bright colours for the background for each bear which has given it a Pop Art feel to it.   


No comments:

Post a Comment