Tuesday 25 March 2014

Green Sea Turtles

For my Research Methodology unit I decided to look at Turtles, specifically the Green Sea Turtle. One thing I was particularly interested in was how they navigate themselves around the Earth using an "internal compass". This led on to me studying geomagnetic fields and reading physics books, which no art student should ever have to do! Leading on from this I added my own personal interest of graphic novels and made a short story relating to pollution, with the turtles taking their revenge on the human race for destroying their habitat. I then took a different audience approach and made a suitable version for young children, ultimately ending up with a colouring book that could be reproduced by WWF.

Below are sample images of what I was working on throughout the project.

Lino cut prepped for printing

Lino Print

Polluted Turtle idea

Page from the short Graphic Novel story

Example pages from the Colouring Book

No comments:

Post a Comment