Thursday 27 March 2014

Squids

I chose to look at the squid for this project.
Scientifically, little is known about many species of squid, and some have never actually been seen alive, so one of the themes I looked into was the unknown, and how curious and fascinated humans are about things they know little about. I also looked into what makes the squid a unique creature, and focused a lot on how they glow in the dark, and their skin.

I was mainly interested in the mythology associated with the squid, so I looked into the legend of the giant squid, old pirate stories and maps and eyewitness accounts of the huge creatures. I wanted to create something that people would be curious about, and illustrate the mystery that surrounds the squid, so I looked into victorian curiosity cabinets and had a try at making my own version.




aggie davies

No comments:

Post a Comment