Wednesday 26 March 2014

The Mandarin Goby

I chose to look at the Mandarin for my project as I used to admire them so much in my job in a local aquatic retail shop where I live. Their delicate fins and striking colours make them to be one of the prettiest fish in the ocean. However they are at risk from being kept in captivity and the methods in catching them for pets. Small spears shot through their tail catches the poor fish which is then transported into a bare tank to be selected and sent to retailers across the world. Many marine fish suffer from this exhausting method of transportation and many die during. The fish also lose their colour when being caught or under any sort of stress. I found this a very interesting element to my chosen fish and decided to take a look further into why they do such a thing. Below are images of  a small selection of work i picked out from my unit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment