Sunday 23 March 2014

Owl - Research Methodology.

The animal I chose to illustrate for the Research Methodology project was the owl. The reason I wanted to draw this animal is because of their ability to hunt silently and their incredible eyesight.


This piece was made during a cut and paste workshop where we were given scraps of paper with mechanical components printed on them. By using these scraps the animals we created became industrial robots with cogs and flywheels. This made the owl's anatomy and abilities appear superhuman.


This was just a little experiment with more cut and paste, at this point I was still focussing on the owl's eyesight.















These two were part of my final piece for the project. I researched various facts about the owl's anatomy and created collages to illustrate them. I'm pleased with the effect of the white pen on the cardboard and on the black and white image. However there could be improvement on the composition of the typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment