Wednesday 26 March 2014

The Big Horned Sheep

I chose to look at the big horned sheep because I was interested by the horns of the animal. I once heard that when the big horned sheep has become a skeleton the weight of the horns outweigh the bones of the whole animal put together. This fact was the first thing that sprung to mind when being asked to choose an animal.
I think when people originally think of sheep with big horns they automatically think of them bashing their heads together, from great run ups. So on first thought the words stupid and aggressive came to mind when picking this animal. But soon I realised how nimble on their feet they are when climbing up very steep mountains. And also how strong and military they are when it comes to protecting the herd against predators.
After looking at the big horned sheep for a while, I started to focus far more in on the scull. I think the way the scull looks with the horns is quite sinister. It didn’t take long before I started to look at more satanic imagery, as the big horned sheep/ ram are well known for sacrifice. Also there are connotations and links of the horns of the devil and the horns or a big honed sheep/ ram.
These are some of the images gathered from my Research Methodology project.






Becca Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment