Monday 24 March 2014

The Frog

It's something about the way they jump about from place to place. Their slimy skin. Big eyes. The patterns they make when their bodies hit the water. The ripples. And all the different, rich earthy colours that they are associated with. The animal I am describing is the frog. Above are just a few reasons I chose this animal for my Research Methodology project.


One of the facts that overwhelmed me was that after every year of hibernation a circle is formed around the bones of a frog. This means that when a frog dies the age of the frog is easily discovered just by counting the amount of rings that have formed. This is a similar process to that of a tree and above is a quick illustration playing around with that idea. I have added cut and paste to the initial illustration using an image that I previously photographed, trying to capture the idea of light and water. 

This image was created by placing a clear glass of water over the top of coloured balloons. I then added drops of oil to the water and photographed from a birds-eye angle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment