Monday 24 March 2014

Scorpions


Exomorph
Promarker on wallpaper

They say that scorpions are just a combination of spiders, lobsters, wasps and nightmares. I was drawn to the scorpion because I sympathised with it a little; it is always seen as a creature to be disgusted and afraid of but actually it is just trying to defend itself. It is also hard to discern what a scorpion is doing when you see one as it is either lying in wait for unsuspecting insects or hiding from predators.

 I also felt that I could represent the scorpion with a little more colour and style than some of the images already out there as my drawings often feature bright pigments and bold outlines. Scorpions were particularly challenging to draw at first, given their many leg parts and strange angles, and actually I enjoyed drawing them by the end of the project. 

But I still find scorpions really creepy.


Hidden scorp
 Fineliner on trace, promarker


Origami Scorpions


Asian Forest Scorpion sketch
Promarker

No comments:

Post a Comment