Tuesday 24 March 2015

Bethia Wentworth - Asian Elephant

Batik - Wax & Ink on Fabric
Wire
Ink based Watercolour Pencils
I chose the Asian Elephant as my focus for the Research Methodology Unit. I was particularly interested in exploring the irony associated with Elephants being worshipped as Gods, whilst being captured, tortured and controlled by people of the same contradictory culture and religion. To visually reflect my research, I made a selection of images which represent an individual article/subject about Asian Elephants, followed by a hand made book to display them. During this project, I experimented with a variety of different materials such as Batik, Etching, Wire, Linocut, Fabric and Drawing.

  
Fabric - Handmade Toy
3D Scribble - Wire 



Etching

No comments:

Post a Comment