Tuesday 10 March 2015

Else van den Hooven- Ostrich



I wanted to research an animal that I knew little of beforehand. The ostrich is an animal, which many people don't really think of and most of all don't understand. It's rarely a favourite animal, but after this project it became one of mine. Ostriches are known for buring their heads in the sand, which means avoiding danger. "Human ostriches" always avoid problems. This is one thing I wanted to set right, because the Ostrich is that one animal that does not avoid any danger. Instead they are very extrovert, protective, and great fighters. On top of that they are not afraid to show what they are capable of. Additionally it never really had an important position through history; yes, the feathers were used in fashion, but the ostrich itself was far in the background. Also they have been walking on earth longer then most animals, which should give the animals more power, but sadly it did not.  Through my research work I wanted to give the ostrich the position it deserves. My five words were Nomadic, Survivor, Protective, Curious and Extrovert. I worked alot with symbolism & patterns within this project, and I explored the extrovertness with Op art and Pop art. For my final product I made a A1 poster.



Photoshop 


screenprint



                                                                   design in Photoshop & Illustrator

No comments:

Post a Comment