Tuesday 17 March 2015

Monique Burke - Giraffe

I decided to have a look at Giraffes for the Research Methodology project. My 5 words were hungry, curious, tall, adventurous and friendly. I experimented using exaggeration and a variety of media, such as fineliner, ink, watercolour and acrylics in order to achieve my final outcomes linked to my 5 words.

 my sketchbooks and experiments on loose sheets.              

Final outcomes - series of 3

They show my Giraffe in different environments, Portsmouth, Jamaica and New york. 
My idea was to show that the Giraffe is hungry, so it travelled to different places for food (adventurous). Giraffes use their neck in order to reach food, so I exaggerated that (tall). 
My Giraffes face is very friendly and also curious, I did this to represent their behaviour.
                                                            Portsmouth - Clarence Pier
                                                                          Jamaica
                                                                       New York

No comments:

Post a Comment