Wednesday 18 March 2015

Dehanka Waddell -Peacock



 
From the beginning of the Research Methodology, I knew I wanted research the peacock. People usually associate the Peacock with beauty and pride and I thought I would explore this direction before taking the project further. By researching the Peacock in depth I was able to understand the animal, both metaphorically and physically. It is a very inspirational animal which is presented throughout the media and by looking at people's opinions. I developed my concept of beauty and ugliness.

The Peacock is a very beautiful animal from the from, but once you look at it from the back it is very hideous and scary and I wanted develop this idea and combine it into one image that portrays both the beauty and ugliness of the peacock. Additionally, by looking into the fashion industry and their idea of beauty, I decided that I would make a magazine and exaggeratedly air brush my image to illustrate the media's perception of perfected beauty. Is beauty something to be perfected or is it something that comes naturally? 

My illustration for the magazine cover, and the digital air brushed version

Final Outcome

No comments:

Post a Comment