Wednesday 18 March 2015

Helen Sepehr - Red Fox

For my Research Methodology project I decided to look at the Red fox. I've always had a soft spot for foxes and I really wanted to explore the controversy between how people see foxes. I found that many people see foxes as pests and vermin and are portrayed in a bad light. Although others see the much gentler, cute side to foxes which is what I see. I also found that foxes can be trained just like dogs and there are people who actually own foxes as pets. Towards my final piece I decided to research more into what 'fox' as a word actually meant which then lead me to the words 'trickster' and 'joker'. I wanted to try to then show the 2 sides that people portray a fox to be, the Trickster/vermin and the Cute/gentle side. I illustrated this onto wood to create a sort of 'joker card'.


 Here is a link to the stop-motion animation Tegan Meredith and I made called 'The Fox and the Hedgehog'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdPIe0i9G-U&feature=youtu.be 

Wire and plasticine fox model I made for 'The Fox and the Hedgehog' animation.

Charcoal on paper drawing of creepy fox

                                                        Lino print ideas for 'Joker card' 

My final piece, acrylic inks onto wood joker card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment