Wednesday 18 March 2015

Danielle Hackett-The Moth




For my Research Methodology project, I looked into moths, a misunderstood type of creature with many fascinating qualities. My main focus was the comparison between light and dark, as whilst researching the moth I noticed that this was a common theme that kept appearing, such as the way they mainly dwell in the night, but have a deadly infatuation for light. I also discovered two moths that had an interesting contrast with one another. One was the Luna Moth, a beautiful green insect with an almost luminescent quality and delicate wings, the other, a Death’s Head Hawk Moth, the subject of much hatred and a sign of a bad omen, with drab colours, a heavy body, and of course, the infamous markings of a skull on it’s thorax. I then started to investigate in to how I could portray this comparison, and experimented with bleach and ink, black and white, and eventually came to the art of shadow puppetry and theatre. This art form along with inspiration of the surrealist film movement, led me to my final stop animation.









My Final Animation



No comments:

Post a Comment