Tuesday 17 March 2015

Dehanka Waddell- My Dog Sigh- Level 4 work Shop




Local Portsmouth artist, My Dog Sighs, showed us what he does for a living. He takes used and discarded items and recycles them to make his artwork. In the workshop he gave us the opportunity to do the same, we had the task of walking around Portsmouth, looking for waste items which could be potential  pieces of artwork. Whilst walking around Portsmouth I found a discarded plate in front of a block of flats and the image above is my final outcome. The acrylic painting of a tetraodontidae (puffer-fish) was places back into the location found. Then I started playing about with the display of the artwork, I placed it in plant stems found near the block of flats.

 
Image of plate back in location found. 



No comments:

Post a Comment