Monday 23 March 2015

Ivanova Pretzel - Koi Fish

Wood panel laser etching
Experimentation on different designs
and skin patterns
Water colour and cutout
experimentation
For the Research Methodology unit I looked at the koi fish. I have always been in awe of the beauty and grace that the koi portrays and wanted to explore and learn about my animal more. In my research I discovered that there a literally hundreds of koi fish types and skin/scale patterns (some that have still yet to be discovered!) and it led me to want to explore the colouration of the koi fish. I also learnt about the meaning of the koi in symbolism and myths and found that depending on the pattern the koi holds, defines its meaning, for example an all gold koi represents good fortune in money and work. I wanted to truly capture the vibrant colours that the koi fish sports and their meanings in my project and so i concluded my project with making 3 silk satin hangings, each sporting their own design and meaning different things.

Adversity, Ambition, Overcoming challenges
and Energy.
Struggle, Determination, Inevitable success and
Strength.
Balance, Peace, Connection and the zodiac sign
of Pisces.






No comments:

Post a Comment